In this article we will be looking at the benefits of creatine supplements. Creatine is a supplement which can improve short term strength and endurance which makes it ideal for muscle building during gym sessions. Creatine is a nitrogenous organic acid which is formed naturally in the body and it helps produce adenosine triphosphate (ATP) which is a molecule that carries the energy we need to be able to function. Creatine is a vital ingredient in producing energy and is present in certain foods such as red meat and fish. When these foods are cooked much of the natural creatine is lost so many people looking to boost energy levels when they train take a creatine supplement.
So What Are The Benefits Of Creatine Supplements?
- The first benefit of creatine supplements, is they can improve strength and endurance as it helps to increase the supply of energy to the muscles which means you can train harder for longer.
- Secondly creatine supplements are a key element of energy production in the body, taking it will make you feel energised, which can help you be in the right frame of mind to take on a longer training session.
- The next benefits of creatine supplements is they improve short term bursts of energy which makes it ideal for weight training, as you will be able to train and recover quickly so you can maximise your workout efforts.
- Creatine can increase your ability to store glycogen which is required for muscles to recover after long and intense workouts. A quicker recovery time means that you’ll be able to train more often and build up your physique quicker.
- If you find it hard to gain weight or if you want to gain more weight from muscle then this is another of the benefits of creatine supplements, as they have been known to help individuals gain as much 15 lbs in body weight. Although some of the weight you gain will be water retention, this water can actually enhance the look of your muscles by making them look larger.
- Another of the benefits of creatine supplements is they can also aid weight loss as it can give you extra energy for cardio vascular exercises which are associated with burning calories and developing lean muscles such as sprint running or sprint cycling.
- If you find your muscles feel tired during your workouts then taking a creatine supplement may help to reduce muscle fatigue. Creatine can help to decrease the amount of lactic acid found in the muscles which can cause muscles to feel tired and this means you’ll feel more comfortable during your workouts, enabling you to train for longer.
- As creatine is found naturally in the body there are fewer side effects associated with it than with other supplements. Creatine provides energy to the body without altering any hormones so it’s seen as a safe supplement to take. As with all supplements though, it’s very important to research the potential side effects before you start taking them.
As you can see there are plenty of benefits of creatine supplements, if you have any questions feel free to ask them in the comments below