Scottish Protein Oat Scones
Oat Scones what a great start to the day or even for your mid morning snack, they are are healthy and taste great. Take an hour on a Sunday or even one night and bake a few for the week even the kids will like them!
80g oat flour/hot oat cereal
80g rolled oats
2 scoops of vanilla protein powder
8g baking powder
50g butter (melted)
1. Preheat the oven to 420F.
2. In a large bowl, mix the oats, oat cereal, protein powder, baking powder, salt, Splenda and raisins.
3. Mix through and make a well in the centre.
4. In a small bowl add the butter and microwave for 40secs until melted. Add the egg to the small bowl and beat until frothy, add the water.
5. Add the butter, egg and water mixture to the large bowl and mix through to make a dough
6. Pat dough into two 1/2 inch thick circles, place on a baking tray and score 4 wedges into each circle.
7. Cook for 15mins in the oven, until risen and browned, break into 8 wedges.