Bodybuilding supplements, which should you be taking to help you reach your goals?
First of all rememeber bodybuilding supplements are not a substitute forhard work in the gym and a well-balanced diet. Bodybuilding supplements will give you an edge in your fat loss and muscle building efforts, if you use the right ones. Bodybuilding supplements must also be taken on your days off from workouts because it is on your off days that your body is recovering and needs the proper nutrition to support growth.
Bodybuilding Supplements, list of the five best:
1) Vitamins and Minerals- Take as an insurance policy than anything else. You may not need onebut it certainly can’t hurt. Because of some bodybuilder’s very restricted diets and repetitive consumption of the same foods they are at particular risk of developing deficiencies.
2) Protein Powers – These supplements can be an inexpensive and convenient way to add calories and protein to your diet. What could possibly be simpler than mixing up a powder in a little milk or water and then drinking it. It takes all of2 minutes and can provide potentially all of the nutrients of a solid meal. The best soures are whey and egg based protein powders.
3) Creatine – Creatine is one of the muscles’ main energy sources, the muscle will store more creatine then we consume in our normal diets, (creatine is found in a varity of foods, one of the best sources is lean red meat, so it is a good idea for vegetarians to suppliment it) by supplementing it the muscles will soak up the extra creatine. When muscles absorb creatine it also brings water with it, your muscles are 70 % water) this makes the muscles bigger and harder. Also when you ingest creatine it is stored, and about 20 minutes later it is transformed into ATP. ATP’s are what give your muscles ‘energy’ during a workout, on creatine you might be able to push a few more reps than usual. The best type of creatine to take is creatine monohydrate. Many companies tell you that you should ‘load’ on creatine. Which means you should take up to 4 times as much creatine than usual during the first few weeks on creatine. It is optional to load.
4) Glutamine – Glutamine is an amino acid. It’s the amino acid which is found most in human muscle tissue. Therefore making it an essential to all bodybuilders. Everyone knows that you need protein to get any bigger, and glutamine is the number one part of the protein the makes you grow. Glutamine is one of the best supplements on the market today.
5) Testosterone – Raising Supplements – They are converted into testosterone after a chemical reaction in the body. Should be used if you are looking for a nice pump during your workout. It is best when used with tribulus terrestris to enhance and prolong the testosterone increase. You should only take these products only if you are over 18, if you are under 18 your own natural testosterone levels are still developing and you don’t want to mess with that.